Church is more than a service. It’s people living life together and helping one another. Each week, members and guests of Good Shepherd meet in small communities and small groups to learn about God, pray, eat, laugh, and live. We call these groups our Ministries, and they are the lifeblood of our church. Ministries use our passions and connections to further our mission of loving, nurturing, and serving God’s people. Here are some opportunities to get plugged into a ministry.
Adult Study Opportunities
- Tuesday Morning Bible Study is not meeting during the summer. During the typical school year, however, adults gather on a weekly basis, from 10:00am to 11:00am, in the Library. The format for the study is inductive, that it moves from reading the text and asking general questions, and then moving to more particular questions. The class, led by Pastor, reads and studies an entire book of the Bible before it moves to another. The class usually moves back and forth between Old and New Testaments. (Contacts: Maren A. and Pastor Pam)
- Our Gardeners are a group of folks in the congregation who meet every Thursday morning, and they help care for the upkeep of the church, it’s building, and grounds. This includes cutting grass, trimming shrubs and trees, planting and cultivating flower beds, etc. There are always projects inside the building to be done, too! If you’re interested in getting plugged in, contact Bob Austin, our property manager, or call the church office.
- The Hospitality Ministry is a group of people in our congregation who provide for the ministry of food! Just as Jesus’ ministry was a gastronomical delight, and just as Lutheran Christians love to break and eat bread with one another, the Hospitality Ministry humbly prepares and implements all of the major meals, coffee hour between services, and helps care for the well-being of our kitchen facility. See Kathy A. or Sherry F. for more information on how to get connected.
- Good Shepherd has a thrift store featuring gently used home goods. Donations and drop-offs are accepted during hours of operations. If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, get in touch with the Gini ZeRuth, who is the Storekeeper, or the church office.
Thursday & Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- We feel that it is important for children to worship with their families. That is why families will pray together, sing together, hear God’s Word together, and commune together during worship. Further, relationships are key to any ministry, so we strive for all students – of every age – to become a part of a small group where they can grow in relationships with each other, with caring adults, and with Jesus Christ. There are weekly opportunities to hang out, play games, eat together and study the bible as well as opportunities to have fun and serve the world through mission trips and other events.
Sunday School & Education Opportunities
As of June 2013, we’re in transition with our Music Director position. If you’re still interested in taking part in Good Shepherd’s worship and music ministries, or have questions, you’re gladly invited to contact Pastor Pam. During the summer, our choirs, bell ringers, and Praise Team are resting and enjoying the season off!
Practices on Wednesday nights, at 7:00pm. Choir members use their gifts to help lead the congregation in song during worship services. All are welcome!
- Praise Team
The Praise Team leads monthly our Contemporary Worship, and rehearses the Saturday mornings before. Guitarists, singers, drummers and kazoo-ers are invited to share their gifts.
- Chancel Ringers (Bells)
Our bell choir rehearses on Tuesday nights, at 7:00pm. While helpful, no music background is necessary, and anyone is invited to join in.
Helps lead the congregation in worship by singing hymns and liturgical responses, and assisting the our Pastor.